San Juan, Puerto Rico
Gross Leasable Area
Mall Tenant Space
Saks Fifth Avenue:
100,000 square feet
138,000 square feet
About The Mall of San Juan
- The Mall of San Juan is strategically located in the geographic center of the densely populated San Juan metro area of 2.5 million.
- The Mall of San Juan is centrally located to serve two-thirds of Puerto Rico’s total population.
- The center is anchored by unique-to-market department stores Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Puerto Rico has only five square feet of shopping center GLA per capita versus 23 square feet in the U.S. and lacks a critical mass of better to designer stores.
- The majority of The Mall of San Juan’s shops and restaurants will be new to the market, bringing a critical mass of luxury, bridge, and better merchandise that does not exist on the island today.
- Puerto Rico is the leading Caribbean tourism destination with nearly five million tourists who will spend $4.7 billion in 2015.
- The Mall of San Juan is accessible by PR-17, the only road that crosses Laguna San Jose – nearly 150,000 vehicles have access to the shopping center daily.
- Located 2.5 miles from the San Juan financial district and less than two miles from the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport.
- Puerto Rico has about 60,000 luxury vacation homes and about half of these are concentrated in the San Juan MSA.
- 98,500 students attend 34 colleges in The Mall of San Juan’s trade area.
- The Mall of San Juan is the perfect location to capture tourist traffic, professionals from the financial district, and affluent locals.